Thursday, April 25, 2013

The World is Flat

Just running through my emails and someone asked my how in the world if I am out in the middle of nowhere can I be sending emails, texts, let along updating a blog with pictures.

Well, we may be in Nsaba, Ghana working on clean water issues and sleeping in a building with no running water, but Nsaba has great electricity and great cell phone coverage (5 bars).

Therefore, I have access to the internet.

Most everyone (adults for sure) have cell phones. We have started every meeting off with passing a list around the meeting asking for name and cell phone number.

In fact, Jim has a local phone he uses here and we had to stop yesterday along side the road and let him "score" some minutes for his phone by buying a prepaid card with minutes.

Friedman said that technology is flattening the world - this blog is an example...of course along with chicken wings and satellite TV!

No comments:

Post a Comment